My husband has been wanting a smoker for the past year, so we were pretty excited at the opportunity to review the One Hour Indoor Pressure Smoker.
About the One Hour Indoor Pressure Smoker:
This is the indoor pressure cooker that cooks barbecue brisket in only one hour—five times faster than traditional methods. It is only available through Hammacher Schlemmer. Combining a pressure cooker and smoker in one appliance, this 6½-quart device increases internal pressure by 15psi, cooking food up to 70% faster while causing wood chips to release their fragrant, flavor-enhancing smoke. The stainless steel wood chip box requires only three to five chips (not included) to impart authentic barbecue smoke flavor while containing all smoke inside the chamber during cooking. An adjustable two-level rack holds up to 4 lbs. of food in the aluminum, thermal-coated inner pot. The cooker can also be employed as a cold smoker, steamer, or even just a traditional low- or-high-pressure cooker. Its display shows time and detailed cooking status.
We were super excited about trying this machine. Being able to have smoked meats in just an hour sounded amazing! We decided to smoke some ribs and they were amazing. They tasted like they had been in a smoker all day. We also loved the pressure cooker setting. I was able to make chicken in just 20 minutes! I also loved that it came with racks so that you can stack your meat inside the cooker. I do wish the bottom rack was a little more raised so that it isn’t sitting in the fluids in the bottom of the cooker.
- Smoked foods in an hour that taste like they have been cooking all day.
- Takes up the same amount of space as a crock pot.
- You can smoke, pressure cook or slow cook all with one machine.
- The heating element in the middle of the machine makes it difficult to place bigger meats in it. We wanted to smoke a roast but there just isn’t the room.
- It is a little difficult to clean but I found that if you buy a small foam brush it helps get in the hard to reach places.
You can purchase this machine for $150 and I think it is 100% worth every penny. There are so many different types of recipes you can make with just this one appliance!
This product was provided to Jenn Reviews It free of charge in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own and may differ from yours.